NSS 2021 Convention ~ June 28-July 2* Register

City arch in Weed, CA

Covid-19 Strategy

Convention dates might change to July 24-31
We expect to know for certain by the end of March

  • Consideratons of the 2021 NSS Convention Team

When is Convention??

Although we believe that the world will be a much safer place by the end of June, the convention committee is exploring our options to move the convention to July 24-31. We plan to have a definitive answer to this by the end of March. We will announce any date changes on this website, on social media and in the NSS News. Click here for more information.

The 2021 convention team of the National Speleological Society recognizes the uncertainty in this pandemic world. Of course, we share your concerns. Throughout all of our decisions, the health and safety of our national membership remains at the front of our efforts.

While we wish for a crystal ball to guide us into the future, such foresight cannot exist. We trust in the expertise of our scientific community to advise us as we move towards producing a successful convention for our members. While we remain cautiously optimistic that a national solution will be available in the coming months, we are preparing for all contingencies.

For our members:

At this juncture, the least we can promise is this: If conditions force us to postpone this event, we will offer a 100% unconditional refund up to 6 weeks prior to the convention. At that date, we should have a much better perspective on the risks and medically-guided solutions relevant to hosting large public events. Please be aware that we will follow all state and national regulations for this event. This may include requiring face masks and/or proof that you have been vaccinated. We'll keep you informed through this website and on on our social media channels as things evolve.

For our sponsors:

We sincerely appreciate your support of the National Speleological Society. We also recognize your need to protect your investment. In our age of uncertainty, we promise you this; if our 2021 convention must be postponed, all sponsors will have two choices; an 85% refund of your investment, or, a 100% transfer to our next convention. This second option would effectively give you multiple years' of benefits for the price of one.

For our vendors:

We hope to see you in Weed, California for the 2021 NSS Convention. Many of you travel long distances to attend, and we wish you the best of success. If the 2021 event must be postponed, you will have the same options as you did in 2020; namely, a refund or a transfer of your fees to the following convention.


Regional Covid-19 Resources

Looking for Covid-19 details in your area? The resources below link to health departments in all 50 states, 8 US territories and freely associated states, and the District of Columbia. If you live outside the United States, plesae consult the US State Department for current entry restrictions.



Today's Weather: Mount Shasta, CA

  • Updated: Wednesday, February 24 at 7:39 pm
  • Reporting Station: Mount Shasta (KMHS)
  • Elevation: 3,540 ft.
  • GPS: 41.31494;-122.31702
  • Data provided by: National Weather Service
40° F
Mostly Clear

Regional Map Forecast Wind: none
Humidity: 34%
Dewpoint: 14°F
Barometer: 30.38 in.
Visibility: 10.0 miles

Tonight: Mostly clear. Low around 26, with temperatures rising to around 28 overnight. South wind 1 to 7 mph.
Thursday: Sunny. High near 53, with temperatures falling to around 50 in the afternoon. Northeast wind 2 to 10 mph.